- Large all purpose carry bag makes storage a breeze.
- 100 percent fair trade, vegan and sustainable thanks to the recycling of rice sacks.
- Tear resistant, waterproof and tested in tropical storms.
- Built-in zipper.
- Resistant and adjustable handle.
- Each product is unique and handmade.
- They are made by people with disabilities in Cambodia.
- UNESCO Award and certified by the World Fair Trade Organization.
Who are BEADBAGS?
Cambodia is the country with the most landmine amputees in the world. Each year more than 800 people are killed by landmines and unexploded ordnance.
Basic food prices have risen significantly in recent years, causing an average of twelve percent of all households to experience food supply problems.
None of the victims of the mines would have the opportunity to feed or support their families if it were not for factories like BEADBAGS, which provide these people with jobs and, above all, a highly skilled education.
They currently employ around 600 people with disabilities in 2 highly skilled factories in Cambodia. This project was recognized by UNESCO in 2004 for its excellent craftsmanship. Production is carried out under strict control of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO).